Application Support Analyst
We have an opening in our Solutions Delivery team at our Mississauga office. We are looking for a full time customer-centric, service oriented individual with strong communications, analytical and technical skills.
Reporting to: Manager, Solutions Delivery
As Application Support Analyst you will be responsible for logging and monitoring production incidents, software and applications testing, creation of test and release plans, time estimates, production support and other project documentation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the success of Comark Projects by providing first and second level application support and thoroughly test software and applications
- Investigate, document and troubleshoot incidents.
- Replicate and identify production defects and follow defect logging procedure by providing necessary details required for resolution definition
- Verify fixed defects in multiple system environments and confirm defect resolution
- Maintain Knowledge base by logging issue resolution steps and methods
- Utilize programming knowledge (SQL, Java Script, HTML, CSS, XML) to support and occasionally modify various data extracts, reports and occasionally help with programming tasks
- Perform testing, create test cases based on a business and technical requirements, provide testing estimates and oversee the quality of delivered products with attention to details and maintain testing documentation
- Coordinate testing activities, issue resolution, due dates and deployment cycles with business stakeholders, project managers, vendors and other participating departments
- Verify deployments which at times will be done outside of standard business hours
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with colleagues, divisional and Comark stakeholder groups by soliciting feedback and offering information and explanations of common practices and policies.
- Provide Administrative support.
- Approximate focus is 70% on Application Support and 30% on Test and Administrative support.
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or a related field or relevant experience
- Must possess excellent communication & analytical skills as well as demonstrated technical skills
- A strong understanding of typical application development cycles (Agile an asset)
- Experience with issue tracking and knowledge base systems and workflows such as Jira and Confluence
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, MS Project, Power Point, Visio)
- Experience with: Windows, MAC, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Jira ticketing system
- Experience in e-commerce environment in retail industry is an asset
- Programming experience in SQL Server environment, SSIS, C#, VB .NET, Crystal Reports, Java Script, J2E, HTML, CSS, XML as well as experience in ecommerce environment in retail industry are assets
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)