The Career Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced Buyer - Womenswear to join Ricki’s Home Office located in Winnipeg.
If you're a creative, passionate, driven person who is all about product development, then a career as an buyer might make an exciting and fitting goal for you! The Buyer is an expert at product development and execution; and effectively works within the creative process.
GREAT PRODUCT / INFLUENCE:
- Effectively creates & evolves assortments – balancing newness, evolution and repeats. Aligns specific assortment responsibilities with overall strategy. Works effectively in multiple seasons.
- Can effectively execute and teach the product development process – maintains timelines.
- Communicating and coaching associate buyers and assistants of quality and fit standards.
- Cultivates and maintain productive vendors relationships, understands best resources to support product priorities, and negotiates effectively
- Consistency in execution of great profitable product – (fabrics, fit, workmanship, pricing). Achieves markup goals by negotiating best costs and setting appropriate retails.
- Tailors and updates merchandise mix to needs, wants and preferences of target customer.
- Creates unique products and groups by selecting and/or designing styles, fabrics, production facilities, etc. Utilizing in-house talents as well as outside designers.
GREAT BUSINESS / RESULTS ORIENTED:
- Growth-oriented and accountable for generating profitable results.
- Delivers and execute Seasonal Objectives for the department, by integrating business insights with external research, customer/field feedback, and functional expertise in support of stated priorities.
- Teaches and understands business insights and adjust future assortments to maximize profit
- Proficient with all retail math concepts (Open to Buy, Sales and Margin, Costing/Markup etc.) and Negotiation Skills, and develops these skills in direct report(s)
- Knows the competition (aspirational and direct, in store and online) and is connected to stores
- Aware of relevant trends and constantly seeks and tests new ideas with a focus to deliver results.
- Ensures profitability for division as it relates to the department by producing positive results in the areas of sales, gross profit and mark up.
- Ensures proper distribution based on the store profiling system by informing the Merchandise Distribution Department about fashion direction and specific styles.
- Detail oriented, and skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking – constantly looking for ways to do more and better work.
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Takes initiative, works with a sense of urgency, agile and adaptable. Resourceful.
GREAT PEOPLE / TEAMWORK:
- Champions belief that “none of us is as good as all of us” and consistently lives our values.
- Committed to the best outcome by bringing out the best in self and others, in part by recognizing achievements and valuing differences and feedback (giving and receiving).
- Initiates personal development and supports team development in the work.
- Fosters the culture of teamwork through ownership and accountability.
- Maintains a positive attitude and work well in a collaborative environment – giving and receiving feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Displays a sense of urgency and maintains accountability.
- Positively impacts/influences others and works effectively with/across cross-functional team
- Previous buying experience required.
- A fashion degree, diploma or minimum of 2 years related fashion education, or related experience.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborative, a team player.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task or shift between projects seamlessly.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to interact with individuals from all levels within the organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ricki’s is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)